This Project Management course is approved for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes by The Marketing Association of South Africa. Designated marketers can claim 20 Non-Marketing CPD points on relevant proof of attendance. Certificate of completion to be loaded onto MarkEdonline to claim CPD points.
The MASA Professional Body CPD Content Provider Number for Oxbridge Academy Online is: MA OX 22004.
This 16-week IIE-endorsed online short course in Project Management will introduce you to general project management practices. It will give you a foundation of knowledge that you can build on if you wish to complete additional project management specialisation courses.
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to project management principles and covers the following topics:
- Implementation and rollout of project management,
- Employing project management concepts and skills,
- Project management concepts and principles which are used and applied in order to implement the visions and dreams related to a company’s strategic plan.
COURSE START DATES:
You can start studying this course at any time of the year — as soon as you have completed your registration, you can get started. There are no specific registration dates!
This online short course is endorsed by The Independent Institute of Education (IIE). The Independent Institute of Education (IIE) is South Africa’s largest registered and accredited private provider of higher education. They are registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and is a subsidiary of ADvTECH, a public company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
The course in Project Management consists of eight modules, and each module has two units:
- Introduction to Project Management (Unit 1 and Unit 2)
- Project Management Strategies and Approaches (Unit 1 and Unit 2)
- Project Management Configuration (Unit 1 and Unit 2)
- Project Management Lifecycle and Budget (Unit 1 and Unit 2)
- Project Planning (Unit 1 and Unit 2)
- Scheduling and Practical Application (Unit 1 and Unit 2)
- Project Management Review and Audit (Unit 1 and Unit 2)
- Stakeholders and Project Manager Skills (Unit 1 and Unit 2)
There are two types of assessment in this online short course:
- Formative assessments in each of the two units, for each of the eight modules
- One final summative assessment, at the end of the course, once you have worked through all eight modules
COURSE EXIT OUTCOMES:
Once you have completed this online short course you will be able to:
- Discuss the nature and the reasons for project management.
- Describe the organisational structure, managerial activities and techniques applicable to project management.
- Explain the major project processes and activities required to manage a project.
- Discuss the growth, nature and application of a portfolio, programme and project management.
- Distinguish between different types of approaches, applicability, methodology and strategies found in project management.
- Summarise the project and organisational tools and techniques required to keep track of the project.
- Discuss the managerial skills needed for successful project management.