This 16-week online short course teaches you about the rights, powers, functions, and duties of a health and safety representative in the workplace. It also equips you with the knowledge and skills you need to take on the role of safety representative.
Studying this course might be a good option if you want to learn more about workplace health and safety, or if you have been given the role of safety representative at work.
Each of the three modules in this course should take you no more than five weeks (35 days) to complete, and the course in total should take you 16 weeks to complete.
COURSE START DATES:
You can start studying this course at any time of the year — as soon as you have completed your registration, you can get started. There are no specific registration dates!
This online short course in SHE Representative consists of three modules
- Legal Compliance and Principals
- Health and Safety Representative Documentation and Activities
You will be required to complete an online assessment at the end of each of the three modules.
COURSE EXIT OUTCOMES:
Once you have completed this online short course in SHE Representative you will have been introduced to – and have a fundamental understanding of – some of the main principles and practices of OHS, and you should be able to:
- Describe the framework of workplace health and safety legislation; Understand the definitions and terminology contained in the current legislation in terms of specified requirements of the workplace; Understand the importance of complying with the terms of the current relevant legislation; Understand the statutory requirements applicable to the employer as well as a health and safety representative and committee member; Explain the specified requirements to conduct safety, health and environmental representation activities at a working place.
- Perform the basic functions of a health and safety representative; Understand SHE quality concepts; Conduct health and safety inspections; Coordinate health and safety committees.
- Understand plagiarism; Explain the concept of referencing and why it is important; Identify four examples of when referencing is required; List the good reasons for referencing applied to good academic practice; Identify the various trustworthy sources that must be referenced when compiling assignments or research papers; Make a list of the compulsory components when compiling a bibliography.
You will receive a Certificate of Competence from Oxbridge Academy Online.