This 16-week online short course will teach you how to implement health and safety principles in and around your workplace. It will also equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to maintain a safe workplace and to act in accordance with relevant legislation.
Studying this course might be a good option if you quickly want to learn about the importance of health and safety in the working environment and what you can do to promote health and safety at work.
Each of the four modules in this course should take you no more than four weeks (28 days) to complete, and the course in total should take you 16 weeks to complete.
COURSE START DATES:
You can start studying this course at any time of the year — as soon as you have completed your registration, you can get started. There are no specific registration dates!
This online short course in SHE Awareness consists of four modules:
- Occupational Safety and Health Duties
- General Safety Rules
- PPE, Good Housekeeping, and Emergency
You will be required to complete an online assessment at the end of each of the four modules.
COURSE EXIT OUTCOMES:
Once you have completed this online short course in SHE Awareness you will have been introduced to – and have a fundamental understanding of – some of the main principles and practices of OHS, and you should be able to:
- Describe both the employer and employee’s duties with regards to occupational safety and health in the workplace; Describe the occupational health and safety representation structure and activities in terms of legislative requirements; Identify and address hazards and associated risks in the workplace to ensure the health and safety of themselves and other persons; Describe the reporting procedure of hazards and risks in terms of organisational policies and procedures.
- Understand safety legislation and make reference to applicable Acts; Manage situations involving intoxication; Manage authorised access; Manage motorised and mobile equipment; Implement and maintain lock-out procedures; Maintain signage in the workplace.
- Understand legislation related to PPE and emergencies and make reference to applicable Acts; Identify types and storage of PPE; Understand good housekeeping and how to apply it in the workplace; Plan and implement emergency procedures.
- Understand plagiarism; Explain the concept of referencing and why it is important; Identify four examples of when referencing is required; List the good reasons for referencing applied to good academic practice; Identify the various trustworthy sources that must be referenced when compiling assignments or research papers; Make a list of the compulsory components when compiling a bibliography.
You will receive a Certificate of Competence from Oxbridge Academy Online.