Python Back-end Developer EXAM PREPARATION
This online short course in Python Back-end Developer will give you a foundation of knowledge that you can build on if you wish to develop entry level IT skills. It will also test your ability to apply your knowledge and skills prior to entering the testing environment. Its aim is to adequately prepare you for taking the certification exam.
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to Python basics in order to construct and analyse code for various purposes. You will cover the following topics:
- Operations using Data Types and Operators
- Flow Control with Decisions and Loops
- Input and Output Operations
- Code Documentation and Structure
- Troubleshooting and Error Handling
- Operations using Modules and Tools
As you work through your course material in your own free time, you can pace your studies and determine how quickly you want to progress. As a standard measure, you will have access to the online student portal for a period of 12 months from your date of registration.
COURSE START DATES:
You can start studying this course at any time of the year — there are no specific registration dates! Once you have completed your registration, you will receive your login credentials with 3-5 business days and can start your studies.
This online short course consists of six modules. The course objectives are:
Operations using Data Types and Operators
- Evaluate expressions to identify the data types Python assigns to variables
- Perform data and data type operations
- Determine the sequence of execution based on operator precedence
- Select operators to achieve the intended results
Flow Control with Decisions and Loops
- Construct and analyse code segments that use branching statements
- Construct and analyse code segments that perform iteration
Input and Output Operations
- Construct and analyse code segments that perform file input and output operations
- Construct and analyse code segments that perform console input and output operations
Code Documentation and Structure
- Document code segments
- Construct and analyse code segments that include function definitions
Troubleshooting and Error Handling
- Analyse, detect, and fix code segments that have errors
- Analyse and construct code segments that handle exceptions
- Perform unit testing
Operations using Modules and Tools
- Perform basic operations by using built-in modules
- Solve complex computing problems by using built-in modules
Your knowledge and skills will be tested by means of online performance-based assessments and practice questions. These tools will help prepare you for the certification exam by testing your ability to apply your knowledge.
COURSE EXIT OUTCOMES:
Once you have completed this online short course you should be adequately prepared to take the Python certification exam via Certiport.
In addition to qualifying you to perform the functions and duties of a Python Back-end Developer, this certification forms part of the Information Technology Specialist program.