This online short course in Software Development will give you a foundation of knowledge that you can build on if you wish to develop entry level IT skills.
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to programming basics and coding concepts, and covers the following topics:
- Core Programming Concepts
- Software Development Principles
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Web Applications
As you work through your course material in your own free time, you can pace your studies and determine how quickly you want to progress. As a standard measure, you will have access to the online student portal for a period of 12 months from your date of registration.
COURSE START DATES:
You can start studying this course at any time of the year — there are no specific registration dates! Once you have completed your registration, you will receive your login credentials with 3-5 business days and can start your studies.
This online short course consists of five modules. The course objectives are:
Core Programming Concepts
- Describe computer storage and data types
- Construct and analyse algorithms and flowcharts to solve programming problems
- Incorporate error handling into applications or modules
- Construct and analyse code based on functional programming patterns
Software Development Principles
- Describe software development lifecycle (SDLC) management
- Interpret application specifications
- Construct and analyse code that uses algorithms and data structures
- Describe the purpose of version control systems
- Describe secure coding concepts
- Construct, analyse, and use classes
- Construct and analyse code that uses inheritance
- Construct and analyse code that uses polymorphism
- Construct and analyse web applications
- Describe and configure web hosting
- Describe and configure web services
- Describe and identify architectural patterns
- Design and normalise a database
- Construct, analyse, and optimize ANSI SQL queries
- Manage transactions
- Describe database access methods
- Describe types of NoSQL databases
For each module you will be required to complete both a pre-assessment and a post-assessment to test your knowledge and competency.
COURSE EXIT OUTCOMES:
Once you have completed this online short course you should demonstrate core software development skills, including object-oriented programming, web applications, and databases. Candidates are expected to have some experience with C# and ANSI SQL.
You will receive a Certificate of Competence from Oxbridge Academy Online.