Software Development EXAM PREPARATION
This online short course in Software Development will give you a foundation of knowledge that you can build on if you wish to develop entry level IT skills. It will also test your ability to apply your knowledge and skills prior to entering the testing environment. Its aim is to adequately prepare you for taking the certification exam.
The course content covers the following topics:
- Core Programming Concepts
- Software Development Principles
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Web Applications
As you work through your course material in your own free time, you can pace your studies and determine how quickly you want to progress. As a standard measure, you will have access to the online student portal for a period of 12 months from your date of registration.
COURSE START DATES:
You can start studying this course at any time of the year — there are no specific registration dates! Once you have completed your registration, you will receive your login credentials with 3-5 business days and can start your studies.
This online short course consists of five modules. The course objectives are:
Core Programming Concepts
- Describe computer storage and data types
- Construct and analyse algorithms and flowcharts to solve programming problems
- Incorporate error handling into applications or modules
- Construct and analyse code based on functional programming patterns
Software Development Principles
- Describe software development lifecycle (SDLC) management
- Interpret application specifications
- Construct and analyse code that uses algorithms and data structures
- Describe the purpose of version control systems
- Describe secure coding concepts
- Construct, analyse, and use classes
- Construct and analyse code that uses inheritance
- Construct and analyse code that uses polymorphism
- Construct and analyse web applications
- Describe and configure web hosting
- Describe and configure web services
- Describe and identify architectural patterns
- Design and normalise a database
- Construct, analyse, and optimize ANSI SQL queries
- Manage transactions
- Describe database access methods
- Describe types of NoSQL databases
Your knowledge and skills will be tested by means of online performance-based assessments and practice questions. These tools will help prepare you for the certification exam by testing your ability to apply your knowledge.
COURSE EXIT OUTCOMES:
Once you have completed this online short course you should be adequately prepared to take the Software Development certification exam via Certiport.
This certification forms part of the Information Technology Specialist program.