Network Security EXAM PREPARATION
This online short course in Network Security will give you a foundation of knowledge that you can build on if you wish to develop entry level IT skills. It will also test your ability to apply your knowledge and skills prior to entering the testing environment. Its aim is to adequately prepare you for taking the certification exam.
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to security principles and protocols, and covers the following topics:
- Defense in Depth
- Operating System Security
- Network Device Security
- Secure Computing
As you work through your course material in your own free time, you can pace your studies and determine how quickly you want to progress. As a standard measure, you will have access to the online student portal for a period of 12 months from your date of registration.
COURSE START DATES:
You can start studying this course at any time of the year — there are no specific registration dates! Once you have completed your registration, you will receive your login credentials with 3-5 business days and can start your studies.
This online short course consists of four modules. The course objectives are:
Defense in Depth
- Identify core security principles
- Define and enforce physical security
- Identify security policy types
- Identify attack types
- Identify backup and restore types
Operating System Security
- Identify client and server protection
- Configure user authentication
- Manage permissions in Windows and Linux
- Facilitate non-repudiation using audit policies and log files
- Demonstrate knowledge of encryption
Network Device Security
- Implement wireless security
- Identify the role of network protection devices
- Identify network isolation methods
- Identify protocol security concepts
- Implement email protection
- Manage browser security
- Install and configure anti-malware and antivirus software
Your knowledge and skills will be tested by means of online performance-based assessments and practice questions. These tools will help prepare you for the certification exam by testing your ability to apply your knowledge.
COURSE EXIT OUTCOMES:
Once you have completed this online short course you should be adequately prepared to take the Network Security certification exam via Certiport.
This certification forms part of the Information Technology Specialist program.