This online short course in HTML and CSS will give you a foundation of knowledge that you can build on if you wish to develop entry level IT skills.
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to markup and styles and covers the following topics:
- HTML Fundamentals
- CSS Fundamentals
- Document Structure using HTML
- Multimedia Presentation using HTML
- Webpage Styling using CSS
- Accessibility, Readability, and Testing
As you work through your course material in your own free time, you can pace your studies and determine how quickly you want to progress. As a standard measure, you will have access to the online student portal for a period of 12 months from your date of registration.
COURSE START DATES:
You can start studying this course at any time of the year — there are no specific registration dates! Once you have completed your registration, you will receive your login credentials with 3-5 business days and can start your studies.
This online short course consists of six modules. The course objectives are:
- Construct markup that uses metadata elements
- Construct well-formed page markup
- Analyse and implement inline styles, internal (embedded) style sheets, and external style sheets
- Construct and analyse rule sets
Document Structure using HTML
- Construct and analyse markup to structure content and organize data
- Construct and analyse markup that uses HTML5 semantic elements
- Construct and analyse markup that implements navigation
- Construct and analyse markup that uses form elements
Multimedia Presentation using HTML
- Construct and analyse markup that displays images
- Construct and analyse markup that plays video and audio
Webpage Styling using CSS
- Construct and analyse styles that position content
- Construct and analyse styles that format text
- Construct and analyse styles that format backgrounds and borders
- Construct and analyse styles that create a simple responsive layout
Accessibility, Readability, and Testing
- Construct well-formed HTML and CSS markup that conforms to industry best practices
- Apply accessibility principles and evaluate content accessibility
- Evaluate the structural integrity of HTML and CSS markup
For each module you will be required to complete both a pre-assessment and a post-assessment to test your knowledge and competency.
COURSE EXIT OUTCOMES:
Once you have completed this online short course you should be able to structure a webpage using HTML elements and create and apply styles using CSS.
You will receive a Certificate of Competence from Oxbridge Academy Online.