HTML AND CSS EXAM PREPARATION
This online short course in HTML and CSS will give you a foundation of knowledge that you can build on if you wish to develop entry level IT skills. It will also test your ability to apply your knowledge and skills prior to entering the testing environment. Its aim is to adequately prepare you for taking the certification exam.
The course content covers the following topics:
- HTML Fundamentals
- CSS Fundamentals
- Document Structure using HTML
- Multimedia Presentation using HTML
- Webpage Styling using CSS
- Accessibility, Readability, and Testing
As you work through your course material in your own free time, you can pace your studies and determine how quickly you want to progress. As a standard measure, you will have access to the online student portal for a period of 12 months from your date of registration.
COURSE START DATES:
You can start studying this course at any time of the year — there are no specific registration dates! Once you have completed your registration, you will receive your login credentials with 3-5 business days and can start your studies.
This online short course consists of five modules. The course objectives are:
- Database Design
- Given a scenario, design tables for storing data
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate primary key
- Given a scenario, choose data types to meet requirements
- Given a scenario, design relationships between tables
- Normalise a database
- Given a scenario, identify data protection measures
- Database Object Management using DDL
- Construct and analyse queries that create, alter, and drop tables
- Construct and analyse queries that create, alter, and drop views
- Construct and analyse stored procedures and functions
- Given a scenario, choose between clustered and non-clustered indexes
- Data Retrieval
- Construct and analyse queries that select data
- Construct and analyse queries that sort and filter data
- Construct and analyse queries that aggregate data
- Data Manipulation using DML
- Construct and analyse INSERT statements
- Construct and analyse UPDATE statements
- Construct and analyse DELETE statements
- Troubleshoot data object management query failures
Your knowledge and skills will be tested by means of online performance-based assessments and practice questions. These tools will help prepare you for the certification exam by testing your ability to apply your knowledge.
COURSE EXIT OUTCOMES:
Once you have completed this online short course you should be adequately prepared to take the HTML and CSS certification exam via Certiport.
This certification forms part of the Information Technology Specialist program.