DEVICE CONFIGURATION AND MANAGEMENT EXAM PREPARATION
This online short course in Device Configuration and Management will give you a foundation of knowledge that you can build on if you wish to develop entry level IT skills. It will also test your ability to apply your knowledge and skills prior to entering the testing environment. Its aim is to adequately prepare you for taking the certification exam.
The course will introduce you to various Windows features and settings, and covers the following topics:
- Windows Installation and Configuration
- Application and Peripheral Management
- Data Access and Management
- Device Security
As you work through your course material in your own free time, you can pace your studies and determine how quickly you want to progress. As a standard measure, you will have access to the online student portal for a period of 12 months from your date of registration.
COURSE START DATES:
You can start studying this course at any time of the year — there are no specific registration dates! Once you have completed your registration, you will receive your login credentials with 3-5 business days and can start your studies.
This online short course consists of five modules. The course objectives are:
Windows Installation and Configuration
- Install Windows using the default settings
- Configure user account options
- Configure desktop settings
- Manage accessibility settings
- Manage updates
Application and Peripheral Management
- Manage applications and Windows features
- Compare and contrast capabilities of peripheral connection types
Data Access and Management
- Describe cloud services
- Describe and configure file sharing and permissions
- Manage backup and restore
- Describe data access and retention policies
- Describe network firewall settings
- Describe user authentication
- Given an attack type, describe mitigation methods
- Manage User Account Control (UAC) settings
- Manage mobile device security
- Perform troubleshooting tasks
- Troubleshoot operating system and application issues
- Troubleshoot device issues
- Troubleshoot device connections to networks and domains
- Troubleshoot peripheral device connections
Your knowledge and skills will be tested by means of online performance-based assessments and practice questions. These tools will help prepare you for the certification exam by testing your ability to apply your knowledge.
COURSE EXIT OUTCOMES:
Once you have completed this online short course you should be adequately prepared to take the Device Configuration and Management certification exam via Certiport.
This certification forms part of the Information Technology Specialist program.
Want more info?
Do you have any queries? Fill in the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.