This online short course in Databases will give you a foundation of knowledge that you can build on if you wish to develop entry level IT skills.
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to data types, data management, and data protection measures, and covers the following topics:
- Database Design
- Database Object Management using DDL
- Data Retrieval
- Data Manipulation using DML
As you work through your course material in your own free time, you can pace your studies and determine how quickly you want to progress. As a standard measure, you will have access to the online student portal for a period of 12 months from your date of registration.
COURSE START DATES:
You can start studying this course at any time of the year — there are no specific registration dates! Once you have completed your registration, you will receive your login credentials with 3-5 business days and can start your studies.
This online short course consists of five modules. The course objectives are:
- Given a scenario, design tables for storing data
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate primary key
- Given a scenario, choose data types to meet requirements
- Given a scenario, design relationships between tables
- Normalise a database
- Given a scenario, identify data protection measures
Database Object Management using DDL
- Construct and analyse queries that create, alter, and drop tables
- Construct and analyse queries that create, alter, and drop views
- Construct and analyse stored procedures and functions
- Given a scenario, choose between clustered and non-clustered indexes
- Construct and analyse queries that select data
- Construct and analyse queries that sort and filter data
- Construct and analyse queries that aggregate data
Data Manipulation using DML
- Construct and analyse INSERT statements
- Construct and analyse UPDATE statements
- Construct and analyse DELETE statements
- Troubleshoot data object management query failures
For each module you will be required to complete both a pre-assessment and a post-assessment to test your knowledge and competency.
COURSE EXIT OUTCOMES:
Once you have completed this online short course you should demonstrate foundational knowledge of how to design and query relational databases, such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, or Oracle.
You will receive a Certificate of Competence from Oxbridge Academy Online.