COMPTIA A+ EXAM PREPARATION (1001 & 1002)
The CompTIA A+ certification is a recognised entry into the professional IT world. This in-depth training course teaches the student how to install, repair, upgrade, configure, optimise, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance on personal computers and operating systems.
The course also will help improve your employability prospects in the IT technician field, as this course has several hours of video, practice labs and tests for each domain, and a project workbook full of hands-on projects.
The purpose of this course is to help you prepare for the CompTIA A+ certification exams, and covers the following topics:
- CompTIA A+ 220-1001: Mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualisation and cloud computing and network troubleshooting.
- CompTIA A+ 220-1002: Installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, software troubleshooting and operational procedures.
As you work through your course material in your own free time, you can pace your studies and determine how quickly you want to progress. As a standard measure, you will have access to the online student portal for a period of 12 months from your date of registration.
COURSE START DATES:
You can start studying this course at any time of the year — there are no specific registration dates! Once you have completed your registration, you will receive your login credentials with 3-5 business days and can start your studies.
This online short course consists of two parts and will prepare students to write exams that will test their knowledge of:
- Baseline security skills for IT support professionals
- Device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
- Basic IT infrastructure and networking support
- PC, mobile and IoT device hardware configuration and support
- Basic data backup and recovery methods and data storage and management best practices
For each module you will be required to complete both a pre-assessment and a post-assessment to test your knowledge and competency.
COURSE EXIT OUTCOMES:
Once you have completed this online short course you should be adequately prepared to take the CompTIA A+ 220-1001 and 220-1002 certification exams via CompTIA directly.