This Business Management and Administration course is approved for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes by The Marketing Association of South Africa. Designated marketers can claim 20 Marketing or Non-Marketing CPD points on relevant proof of attendance. Certificate of completion to be loaded onto MarkEdonline to claim CPD points.
The MASA Professional Body CPD Content Provider Number for Oxbridge Academy Online is: MA OX 22003.
This 16-week IIE-endorsed online short course in Business Management and Administration will introduce you to the dynamic and competitive context in which a business operates.
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to Business Management and Administration principles.
The course covers the following topics:
- An understanding of the context of business
- The nature of management, the role of business management
- The exciting field of entrepreneurship
- The contemporary issues relating to corporate social responsibility
- The core functional areas of a business as well as the administration of these functions
COURSE START DATES:
You can start studying this course at any time of the year — as soon as you have completed your registration, you can get started. There are no specific registration dates!
This online short course is endorsed by The Independent Institute of Education (IIE). The Independent Institute of Education (IIE) is South Africa’s largest registered and accredited private provider of higher education. They are registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and is a subsidiary of ADvTECH, a public company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
The course consists of eight modules, and each module has two units:
- Fundamentals of Business Management (Unit 1 and Unit 2)
- General Management and Business Environments (Unit 1 and Unit 2)
- The Human Resources Function (Unit 1 and Unit 2)
- The Production and Operations Function (Unit 1 and Unit 2)
- The Purchasing Function (Unit 1 and Unit 2)
- The Marketing and Public Relations Functions (Unit 1 and Unit 2)
- Information Management (Unit 1 and Unit 2)
- The Finance Function and Sustainable Business Practices (Unit 1 and Unit 2)
There are two types of assessment in this online short course:
- Formative assessments in each of the two units, for each of the eight modules
- One final summative assessment, at the end of the course, once you have worked through all eight modules
COURSE EXIT OUTCOMES:
Once you have completed this online short course you will be able to:
- Determine the required business management fundamentals and aspects required to start different types of companies.
- Discuss the extent to which a business has control over and can influence the micro, market and macro business environments.
- Illustrate the relationship between managerial roles, skills and the different levels of management.
- Classify internal and external environmental business factors for environmental scanning purposes.
- Discuss the implications of the Labour Relations Act as well as other important policies and practices that govern employee relations and legal issues.
- Summarise an operations strategy associated with the various inventory management controls and the impact of total quality management.
- Demonstrate the key differences and characteristics between the marketing function and public relations in a business.
- Discuss the important role that management information systems play in a business and the relevance of these systems for different levels of management.
- Identify the key financial statements, different budgets and various long-term and short-term sources of finance for a business.
- Discuss the requirements for sustainable organisations with specific reference to Triple Bottom Line reporting.